Why choose a community Kindergarten?
- Continuity of groups – your child is with the same children and same staff every time. You will meet the same parents every day.
- Continuity of staff – staff turnover is extremely low. Carol celebrated 30 years as director and teacher in 2014. Brenda has been in the office for 25 years. Some staff members have attended the centre as children or parents. We are teaching children of past pupils regularly.
- We are a not-for-profit, community kindergarten – all money is reinvested in the centre.
- Community involvement – families are always welcome and are involved in their child’s education on a daily basis.
- Large, natural outdoor classroom (the leafy playground).
- Quality, educationally-based equipment, incorporating the natural world wherever possible.
- Highly qualified staff – all teachers are 4 year university qualified in Early Childhood Education and are registered with the Queensland College of Teachers. All assistants have Cert III. All staff have Senior First Aid and Blue Cards.
- Community connections – we were affiliated with C&K for 40 years and are now affiliated with The Gowrie, who have been a community organisation for 60 years. Ashgrove Memorial has been operating for 60 years.
- Best practice educational curriculum – the Early Years Learning Framework (national) and The Qld Kindergarten Curriculum Guidelines.
Research overwhelmingly indicates that optimal development for children is dependant on the quality of their interactions. Experienced and highly-qualified staff interact warmly and respectfully with the children. These staff are in constant contact with the children, including eating their meals with them.